Welcome! I am Mackenzie Crowe-Mayo, a documentary and lifestyle photographer living in the Charlottesville, VA-area. My photography style is candid and un-posed, with an emphasis on catching real emotion rather than perfect posing.
I grew up as the child of an artist on a street in middle Tennessee called Saint James Drive. And I have been creating artwork of my own in various forms throughout my life. In 2015, I pushed my love of photography further and began looking at photography as a career rather than a hobby. Soon after, Sweet Saint James was born.
Fun facts about me:
- I am a taco-holic (Continental Divide for my Charlottesvillians)
- I will stop anything I’m doing (aside from a shoot) if I see a particularly snuggly dog
- When I’m not doing photography, you can find me on my couch cuddling my dogs (that was an easy one!)
- I know just about every Kanye West song (I know, I know…)
- And really every line of the movies Empire Records and Caddy Shack as well
- I was a radio DJ in college and have probably sustained some level of hearing loss from all the incredible concerts I frequented
- The best moment of my life was marrying my best friend in 2017
The best part of my job is forming a connection with the people I have the luck of working with. I love spending time to get to know you and your vision of what our shoot can be. Before we ever shoot together, I want to make sure that you know exactly what we are working towards, because these are memories you’ll honor forever. My goal for you is to make you feel as comfortable as possible in front of the camera in order to evoke strong, true emotion from you. I’d love to make incredible art with you, so reach out and we can get to know each other!